The house is moving along faster than anyone expected. Mike went for the pre-drywall inspection yesterday and pointed out some flaws and missing tv jacks. He has already asked if he could make periodic stops over to check on the drywall work. I think the Town and Country guy is going to regret giving Mike his card. Final inspection is planned for January 8th. Extremely excited but excitement tempered by slow movement on the current house. We have been told we can move our closing on the new house to February which will help and we can likely manage for a couple of months with both houses (pending a decent bonus from work). The stress is creeping up on me but I am trying to be positive. I continue to hear horror stories from friends of mine who had their houses on the market for over a year and a half. But I also see houses in our subdivision moving so who knows.......I am waiting for Kelly to bring over the St. Joseph's statue now!!
I want to throw out there that if we are still in our house, I would like to still have Christmas Eve. Kind of like the last hurrah at my first house. The decorations will be drastically scaled down (which is sad) but you just wait for next year's Christmas Eve when I go to town big time since there will be more space to fill! Hopefully everyone is still up for my house and of course if anything changes as to our living arrangements, I will let you know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm there, what do you want me to bring....is it too soon to plan the menu????
Post a Comment