Friday, January 11, 2008

St. Joseph needs to work harder

No we haven't sold the current house and yes the new house is done.

Closing is Feb 7th on the new house with moving day scheduled for Feb 8th. Anyone else needing me to babysit their furniture can begin bringing it by anytime after the 8th. Went to walkthrough on the house this week and everything looks fabulous - I am so pleased with all my choices!! Mike really only wants to take credit for his so-called choice on the countertops.

This so-called offer that was supposed to come in on the current house appears to be a bust. Seems as if this realtor jumped the gun on claiming there would be an offer but he never sat down with the buyers to create this so-called offer. My guess is that they backed out. So the stress continues. I don't think St. Joseph is working hard enough.

I have no real interesting stories to share like Kelly does. Other than the rather interesting folks I encounter on the train every day (those that snore, those that talk very loudly on their cell phones, those that smell like curry), and the folks that are outside my building every day either playing the sax (the Simpsons theme is getting really old) or asking for money, I don't have any funny moments to share. I am stuck in my sad routine of train, Caribou coffee for hot chocolate, work, train, home, dinner, tv, hope realtor calls, sleep. I do find amusement on a daily basis from the animals in my house. Minnie likes to keep pooping on the floor (see Colin isn't the only one not poopy potty trained!). The sad thing is that she knows she is doing wrong but can't seem to help herself. Ozzie stays attached to me whenever I am home and he always needs to be under the blankets. I have found that when I put the blanket right over his head he looks just like E.T. Kraemer has been coming out of her hiding places a lot more lately. She is still playful and chases imaginary things on the floor but still gets pretty brutal with Ozzie. There have been some really good boxing matches between the 2 of them that would be a hit on YouTube if I had a video camera. Lucy is still Lucy - she needs a lot of attention and is always trying to start trouble with the dogs. I worry that the cats will be traumatized when we move - after all they haven't left the current house in over 3 1/2 years. They will be getting an early visit to the new house to get acclimated and seek out their preferred hiding spots. I think I am more stressed about the cats and how they respond to the move than anything else. Yes I am still the cat lady!

4 comments:

MomFagan said...

"Go, go, go Joseph, you know what they say......" Maybe you need the Joseph of the color coat variety, maybe we have the wrong Joseph all along!!!!! I'll keep praying and fingers crossed( hey, it gets me out of repainting the bathroom)

kellydt said...

I can't wait to see the new house. When do I get to come over and help decorate?

Stacy said...

For all who want to decorate, I will be the busy bee the whole weekend and week after moving day so if you are looking for fun and excitement, make your way to Oswego between 2/8 & 2/17!!

shamrock said...

I will keep my fingers crossed as well for this house stuff. I am sure it will all work out in time :)