Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Love

I am thankful for so much in my life and feel that I am incredibly lucky. I have my little family at home that I adore however I have been asked by my husband why I am not mushy and romantic (sounds like more of a woman to man comment doesn't it??) So in appreciation and respect and utter love, here are my favorite things about my betrothed:

He laughs at my stupid jokes and finds it very amusing when I laugh so hard I cry (which is typical when I watch 'The New Adventures of Old Christine' - funniest show on tv).

He cleans the acid off of my car battery and jump starts it like he has done this all his life.

He tells me I look beautiful or pretty almost every single day.

He buys me shoes for my birthday and for Christmas.

He takes the dogs out every morning even on weekends letting me sleep in.

He puts up with my constant change of mind on where furniture needs to go and never gets aggravated when he has to undo what I asked him to do the first time.

He watches America's Next Top Model with me even though he despises Tyra Banks more than anyone on this earth.

He lets me decide the restaurant every time even though he knows it will be Italian 99% of the time.

He lets me control the radio - even if it is to force him to listen to the latest goofy hip hop song. I still can't get him to let me listen to Josh Groban in his presence but we'll get there.

He became a Sox fan and is almost as passionate about them as I am (well maybe not quite....)

He checks in on his mom and dad almost daily.

He tears up when he gives me a mushy romantic card.

He cooks me dinner (and is excellent at it too!)

He goes to Baskin Robbins/DQ/McDonald's whenever I have a late night craving.

He guides me along icy patches in the winter when I insist on wearing high heel boots.

He dusts the hardwood floor and vacuums the carpet without having to be asked.

He tolerates my mood swings and cranky days.

He makes me laugh.

He loves the dogs unconditionally.

He tells me he loves me every night before we go to sleep.

He is my best friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwwwww. :)