Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bye Old House

The house at 2556 Congress is officially in the hands of someone else. It was a challenging last couple of days to get to closing and finally put an end to this long journey but it is a done deal now. The frustrations and annoyances of the last 2 days were in my mind avoidable but I have to always remember that others do not always operate in the same common sense world that I do. But even all the aggravations didn't take away from the fondness I will always have for my first house and my accomplishment to own that all on my own. Many great memories and even some ghostly haunts will remain with me always. As the number of foreclosures around my old house increase and the area invites more questionable characters, I just hope that I don't find myself driving through the subdivision and see my house in any state of disrepair. I am hopeful that the new owner takes as much pride in that house as I did and is determined to keep it in good condition.

Take care old house.....

2 comments:

MomFagan said...

You should feel proud, you did it on your own, your first house. And with a sensible approach, you were able to maintain your home and life style and move on to a bigger home. I am so proud of you, and always remember, that you, along with countless others, are a victim of a very bad economy and you are counted among the fortunate that were still able to make it through. Good memories of your home will always be with you and the financial result will become a distant memory. Blessings to you in your new home, may it serve you well.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I know it's a little bittersweet, but I'm sure it will help to make you feel all the more settled in your new home!