Monday, October 1, 2007

Busy yet entertaining weekend

The Illinois game on Saturday was phenomenal. It is great to finally see them winning and playing exciting football. I so look forward to going to these games and always enjoyed the tradition we have kept (even if we missed the past couple of years for various reasons). I also love that Dad gets so excited to go to these games (48 and counting....) and point out all his stomping grounds while he roamed the very big campus many years ago. I wish I had that connection with my alma mater. While I loved going to Eastern, I don't feel the need or desire to return to the campus for a football game or even to just reminisce. I am glad that dad still feels proud of where he went to school and still enjoys returning to see what has changed and what has not for that matter. As our family continues to get bigger and bigger and bigger, I hope that we can keep this tradition alive and hopefully the younger members of the Fagan/Weidner/Nogradi/Lewis/Klima clan will enjoy it as much as I do. Thanks Dad for continuing to keep the Illini tradition alive!

I was glad we were all together yesterday as well to celebrate Mom, Bonnie, and Mike #2's birthdays. It has been quite awhile since we were all in one place (I think since Cedar Point). I know Mike enjoyed himself until he injured his foot playing football with the boys in the dark. Heading to urgent care shortly to have his foot looked at (he cannot walk or drive). So be careful all you kids!!

House update: Walls are starting to go up this week. House is on schedule for end of January completion. Now if we can get some more eager buyers in the door of the existing house I would definitely feel better (and maybe not so stressed out).

Mike and I leave for Mexico on Saturday. Doggies will be visiting Grandma Nogradi for the week. They are super excted (mostly because they get lots of attention and spoiling - not to mention eggs on Sunday morning!) I am looking forward to some sun, relaxation, and hopefully no hurricanes. I should try to brush up on my key spanish words before I leave!

3 comments:

MomFagan said...

I am so glad you find the tradition of the Illini game so important. Long ago, I realized how important the annual (mostly) game was to Dad, and several of you guys, I felt it was a great opportunity for some children-father bonding. You all share the knowledge and passion for football that I don't have, so it's a perfect opportunity to have some memories with just Dad. I am so happy when the timing is right and the trip is planned and off you go...he looks forward to it.

Sorry to hear about the injury, isn't that just the way!!!

Well Nogradi family.... Adios, hasta luego....

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

try watching a couple episodes of Dora the Explorer - that should get you speaking fluently!

shamrock said...

un sacapuntas. means pencil sharpener. not sure if that will help...but hey, you never know.