Friday, September 21, 2007

Baby mania

Baby mania has crept into my circle of friends. My friend Stacie just had her baby girl, Camryn, my other friend Stacy is now pregnant after a long time of trying and fertility treatments, and I found out last night that my friend Nicole, who also has been trying for some time, is now pregnant and due in May. A friend of a friend is also pregnant with her second child and due in March. All 4 of these ladies live in the Gilberts/Elgin area (in fact 3 live in the same subdivision) so I am really thinking there is something in the water out there!!!

It is interesting how the dynamics in the circle have changed. We were a bunch of girls, some with boyfriends or husbands, hanging out at the bars or someone's house, and going on trips to Florida. Soon many of us girls were getting engaged or married and while we still went to the bars for some fun times, most times spent together were much more coordinated. Now many of the girls are having children and buying bigger houses and our time together is even fewer and farther between. We plan very specific times to see each other; we look forward to the annual Halloween bash; we make plans to go out to dinner and spend very little time hanging out at the bars. And so the times we see each other are that much more special as well as hectic as everyone is trying to catch everyone else up on their life's happenings. I guess I have always known I was getting older and priorities would continue to change. I am grateful that I have friends who understand the priority changes and cherish the times we do get to hang out together.

2 comments:

kellydt said...

uhh...so does this mean the water in Oswego has this baby mania bacteria?? Just wondering.

MomFagan said...

I must say, your title intriqued me. Made me read on for sure...It does take work to keep those friendships afloat, and it seems as years go by even when it is a while in between those get togethers, they are even more special when they finally do happen.