Heard the baby's heartbeat at the doctor's office yesterday and I don't think until then that I really thought it was real...that I could really be pregnant. It was a very emotional moment and of course I cried like a baby (pun intended). Mike was there and I could tell he was pretty amazed by the moment. I think for him it became even more real too. I am feeling much better these days. Less nausea but still tired all the time. My appetite is picking up and my pants continue to get tighter and tighter. Not sure how long I will be able to resist those maternity pants but I will sure try. And yes I will continue to wear my heels until it is really almost impossible to! I have a rep to protect you know. If Nicole Ritchie can do it, so can I!!!
Mom also made a comment yesterday that only just dawned on me. My due date of July 18th was also Grandma M's birthday. As unlikely as it might be, I think it would be fitting and amazing for me for my child to share a birthday with her. In my own way of thinking that things always happen for a reason, I like to think that she had a say in things happening the way they have. Even more of a reason for me to believe that she is out there watching over me in some way.
I am looking forward to my annual hosting of Christmas Eve tomorrow. It is a tradition I truly relish and I am glad both sides of the family (including the dogs!) will be gathering together. Happy holidays to everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I get more excited as each week goes by, and it becomes more and more real for me too. I am so excited that our family continues to grow!
Oh, and Lucy says happy holidays to all and sorry she's such a grinch!!!
You will look forward to hearing that heartbeat each time you go to the doctor. It is an amazing feeling to know that you are carrying your child and helping him or her grow. There is nothing better!
Christmas Eve was wonderful - thanks for all the tasty food and hospitality. Marty is still recovering from the fun.
And as far as the heels go, I am ready and willing to take any ill-fitting ones off your hands!
Also, I say, if Nicole Ritchie isn't role model material, I don't know who is!
Post a Comment