So we are having a girl (and I think by now everyone in the Facebook, Churchill Club, and work email communities are aware) and we are more than thrilled about it. Sure Mike fake pouted a bit but in all honesty I think he was excited from the moment we found out. After all he does have his precious Minnie the pug wrapped around his little finger. I might as well be chopped liver around that dog when Mike is around. I know that everyone really wants to know the name we have chosen and believe me it kills us to not tell but we want to have at least one surprise until then. I can also guarantee that no one will ever guess it no matter how hard you try (and I swear it is not Ava!).
I have been feeling pretty good and basically used to the constant heartburn and now the non-stop movement of this little girl. She is one active baby and seems to really want to be getting my attention. I seem to get bigger by the day and a little frustrated that I cannot walk as fast as I am used to. It's embarrassing that Mike and his short little legs moves faster than I do!
Speaking of attention, I have to admit I am getting a little nervous about bringing home a little baby with the "kids" we already have at home. I know they will eventually get used to her but I see how needy they are now, especially the dogs, and I can't help but worry about their state of mind. Leave it to me to try to humanize my pets. Minnie likes to bark and yelp at you until you pay attention to her. She also likes to bark at any crying baby on tv. Ozzie likes to lay directly on top of me, or at the very least ensure some part of his tubby body is touching me. He likes to paw at me when I pet him in an effort to get me to keep going (I have actually tried this tactic with Mike to get him to scratch my back or rub my head and it doesn't work). Lucy & Kraemer are in their own little worlds most of the time --- the old ladies of the manor. But they also don't adapt very well to change. One more little person/being around here might just be too much for them. I fear an animal revolt of some kind. As much as our lives are going to change, their lives are going to change too. But I am sure they are more adaptable in the long run than their human owners so my worry could be for nothing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You may want to check out information on introducing an infant into a home with "needy" dogs....you want to insure happiness for all. Because they adapt pretty well with commotion and other dogs, I would imagine it will be less troublesome than you might expect. You may want to start conditioning them now though, and find ways not to give them so much attention when they want it, but when it's your idea. I'm sure you can find some source of information for things like this.
Dad and I are getting so excited to meet our granddaughter, it makes being with Colin and Landon even sweeter, (if that's possible) because you realize once again, how fast they grow and change. I still have a hard time imagining what this Christmas will be like with all of the additions, it will be amazing.
Post a Comment