Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The First One

Since I find I have the time to read everyone's blogs every day, I also have time to create my own. There is a lot going on in the Nogradi clan so what better way to update everyone???? My first entry will really catch everyone up on the biggest happenings.

Our house is officially underway. The foundation has been poured and we have the sign on the lot indicating it is ours :) Current schedule shows our house being done at the end of January. We expect some delays so we are likely looking at early February. Our current house has been put up for sale and we will be battling about 15 other houses in our subdivision that are also for sale. I still think we have an advantage being an end unit and with the upgrades we have done. I am gettting very excited about the new house (already thinking of themes, colors, etc!!!) but also very sad to be moving from my first house. It will definitely be bittersweet when I walk out this door for the last time.

I am currently seeking out a new job within the bank. I was approached by another manager about an open position in his team as a Quality Assurance Manager. I came highly recommended by other folks I worked with and it is always a good feeling to know that your work is respected. The role would be a promotion but would also be a challenging position on a team that is currently struggling with poor design. I have always sought out challenging opportunities and I think I can make a huge difference with this new team. The struggle I have currently is that I do not have someone who can take my current position and that is posing some interesting challenges of their own. I will continue to pursue this new job and hope that everything works out. While I know that my job may not be that interesting to everyone, much less make much sense, and I certainly don't have all the great stories about my interactions with those I encounter in the workplace every day, quality assurance is my passion and is something I know I do well. I have worked very hard and it is so rewarding for me to be acknowledged by my peers and by management for the successes I have achieved.

To get some well deserved and much needed R&R, Mike and I will be heading to Mexico October 6th-12th. I am definitely looking forward to some relaxation and getting some time away from the stress of the houses and the jobs. I continue to bring on unnecessary stress at all times so it will be good for me to alleviate some of that (before I start all over again when I come back.....).

3 comments:

MomFagan said...

Funny, I was just thinking this morning that I would imagine it will be very emotional for Stacy to move from her first home....I expect to see a few tears...

Good luck with the job change, things have a way of working out if it's what's meant to be. And while I may not understand all the details of your job, I am so very proud of you. You have a wonderful work ethic and I know you have worked hard to get where you are.

We look forward to seeing the progress on your home, and we hope we can see you once again sprawled out on the floor of your new home!

Carroll Ray said...

Hey Stacy,

Nice to hear things are going well for you.

Miss you much.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're at least letting Minnie and Ozzie have some input in the decor for their bedrooms.