I have long believed in spirits or ghosts or visitors from the other side. I religiously watch John Edward Cross Country and believe that our loved ones find a place on the other side and continue to be in our lives in some way. It is comforting to see people relieved to hear from their loved ones and to know they are OK. I am also addicted to the show Ghost Hunters and believe that there are presences that make themselves known and sometimes these presences are just looking for some direction - they are not there to harm anyone. I am intrigued and fascinated by the other side and am always wanting to learn more. It makes it even more interesting for me because I am convinced that some presence is making itself known in my house and having some fun with Mike and I. Numerous times we have come home to find the TV on and the alarm clock upstairs with the time completely changed. The first couple of times we tried to chalk it up to the cats walking on the remotes or stepping across the alarm clock. Highly unlikely but was how we thought to explain it. We moved the remote so that it could not be walked over and alas the TV happened to be on one day. I have also been awoken by the phone in our bedroom resetting itself and "speaking to me". In essence, it was an automated voice indicating what to do to change the settings. Around the same time that occurred, Mike was downstairs and he experienced the TV go on and off several times. Again we tried to explain it away by saying that there may have been a quick surge or a short circuit. However other items plugged into these same outlets did not reset. During a realtor walk through last week, one of the realtors called my realtor, Nancy, and asked if Mike and I happened to be home. Mike was at work and I was in Orlando. The realtor claimed that she heard snoring coming from upstairs. Again, we tried to explain it away somehow but could not come up with anything. So while none of this fully shows that there is some presence from the other side having its fun with us, it definitely provides a possibility. It does not scare me and in fact I look for other strange occurrences to further validate what I think is true. I have on several occasions had the distinct feeling that someone was there and in fact the cats have often looked out to a particular spot. Minnie has even come into our bedroom and barked at what to us appeared to be nothing. Maybe it is true that animals can really sense more than we can ever imagine to.
The most telling thing for me has been the couple of times I have walked upstairs and specifically smelled Grandma McDonald - whether it was her house or just her distinct smell. The first time it happened was scary and emotional because I couldn't quite grasp what I had encountered. It has happened a couple of times since and now I recognize it and say my little hello to grandma. It is comforting thinking that she really is "stopping by" and checking in. I sometimes think that she is the one messing with the TV and the clock having a good old time while doing so. And I realize that all of this could just be in my head but I find comfort and peace with the fact that though I still miss her, I know she is still with me in some way. I will continue to keep an open mind and look for other paranormal activity that occurs around me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Grandma had some confusion with the remote in the later months of her life, confused it with the phone if I recall....might account for the strange occurances with the tv and the phone. I don't recall any clock related confusion, but it is interesting to think that she still fusses with those things. Guess some things never change.
Well like I said before, Grandma lived in a different time zone than we did, so maybe she is trying to change the time on your clock to match her watch. The snoring thing really freaked me out. I am scared.
Grandma snored every now and again....
just in case you get freaked out, Aunt Elly knows how to perform an exorcism. FYI....:)
Post a Comment